Although born late compared to other brewing methods, Aeropress was invented in 2005 and soon became one of the inspirational icons of the coffee industry in the world. Up to now, the prestigious competition World Barista Champion has applied Aeropress in competition and has a separate international competition for Aeropress – World Aeropress Champion.
Starting from wanting to reduce the bitterness of the daily coffee he was drinking, Alan Adler found the answer for himself. It is to reduce the coffee brewing time. But Alan also recognized the importance of pressure and increased pressure in coffee extraction. After a process of research and discovery, he launched the first Aeropress and started his business with this invention.
Basic Aeropress technique:
Ustensils you need to prepare
- – The coffee
- – Coffee grinder
- – Weighing urine
- – Aeropress mixer
- – Aeropress filter paper
- – Boiling water bottle
- – Coffee pot
Extraction time: 2 minutes 30 seconds – 3 minutes
Scale: 1/10 to 1/12 (1 gram of coffee 12 grams of water), we will use 20 grams with a ratio of 1/10
Grind size: Gross – Medium
Water Temperature: 89 – 92oC
Follow these steps :
- – Step 1: Put 20 grams of coffee into the aeropress and add 40 grams of water to bloom. Stir gently and wait about 30 seconds
- – Step 2: Add 200ml of water and stir gently.
- – Step 3: Wait for 1 minute 30 seconds, install the filter cover and squeeze out all the air inside.
- – Step 4: Place the glass on top of the filter and turn the aeropresso unit upside down. Then, slowly squeeze the coffee juice out.
- – Step 5: Adjust the pressure so that the end of squeezing is at 2 minutes 30 seconds – 3 minutes.